Applied Behaviour Analysis
Applied Behaviour Analysis is a collection of teaching tools that can help learners develop new skills and reduce challenging behaviours within First Nations communities.
- To understand what ABA is and how it can help you
- To understand the “ABCs” of behaviour
- To understand how to use positive reinforcement
- To create resources you can take back to your community
- To lean some ABA-based teaching strategies that you can use right away
- To learn how to teach your students new skills and new ways to learn
- To set your students up for success in September
- To have fun!
Who would benefit from this training?
- Parents, teachers or support personnel working with children or teens with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Disabilities
- Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Undiagnosed students exhibiting behaviour that impacts their ability to participate and learn in a classroom setting
Join us for learning at our training centre in Dundas, Ontario where you will participate in a fun and interactive workshop. The Behaviour Skills Training Model will be used to teach the concepts outlined above:
- Instructions: Concepts will be explained
- Modeling: Facilitators will show you how to do the skill
- Rehearsal: Participants will have a chance to practice in small groups
- Feedback: Facilitators will provide tips and feedback
There will be helpful resources provided to all participants, and plenty of opportunities to network and get to know people who are all doing similar work.
Are Difficulties Holding You Back?
Let us know how we can help.
The clinicians at Anderson Therapy Services will try their best to work with your schedule and offer you therapy services at your convenience. To learn more about our services, contact us at (289) 238-8598 or at email@example.com
We provide therapy services at our Dundas and Burlington locations to children, adults and seniors across the Greater Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, and communities in Northern Ontario and Quebec.